[development] How to define settings from an install profile

JOSE MANUEL VELASCO josemanuel.velasco at ext.mpsa.com
Thu Feb 26 11:49:32 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am looking for the way to make some commong settings for my Project in the install profile but I can't achieve.

I have post the question in drupalexchange, which you can read following this link:
http://drupal.stackexchange.com/questions/149730/how-to-define-settings-from-an-install-profile?noredirect=1#comment179419_149730

And I am pasting here as well:

I am looking for the way to set some settings at the install step.

EDIT: Here is my current try: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/b950eacc3ca80159628b

At profile_final() function, where as I understood all drupal is bootstraped I have:

  variable_set('date_first_day', 1);

But the regional setting for the first day of the week still is Sunday after the installation. So it is not working as I expected.

I am using the taxonomy_menu module, and I would like to set at the installation step the menu to be linked with the taxonomy. Because I am installing something known, I know the variable names that might be set are:

variable_set('taxonomy_menu_vocab_menu_rubric', 'menu-genius-navigation-menu');

variable_set('taxonomy_menu_vocab_parent_rubric', 0);

This is not working neither.

I have been following https://www.drupal.org/node/1022020

and looking at other examples but I have had no luck to find how to do this.

Is it possible to do whatever setting in an install profile or are there any restriction? In that case, what restrictions are?

What am I doing wrong?

I'll appreciate any kind of comments.

Thanks for the reading.

Regards,