[drupal-docs] Difference between a "story" and a "page"

Dan Robinson dan at civicactions.com
Sun May 1 01:39:47 UTC 2005

ahhh.. Ok so the reason I was stumped on "article" was that it is not
part of the drupal "core".  I just loaded it up and I think I know what
it is/does.  First of all "Articles" is for organizing content - their
is not a content type (or node) called "Article".  Article gives you an
interface to allow a single URL to group together nodes that have been
tagged with the same taxonomy item.  So for example let's say that I had
multiple stories tagged with taxonomy terms - foo, bar, foobar.  I would
turn "Article" on and if I browsed to ?q=article I would see a listing
of the latest articles and below I would see each of the three
categories with a notation showing how many articles were categorized
with those terms -

foo (4)
bar (55)
foobar (1)

I could then click on one of these (or just go directly to
?q=article/bar) to see a listing of all the stories with that tag.

Dan