[drupal-docs] Usability issues in documentation style

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Mon May 2 02:23:24 UTC 2005

On 1-May-05, at 6:00 PM, Kieran Lal wrote:

> Hi, I am coming into the style guide conversation a little late and
> my comments may be considered off-topic from the style guide, so I
> have gone off thread.  The style guide conversation seemed to be
> flirting with defining usability as some quantitative measures.  i.e.
> Don't link too deep.   Let me propose some other measures to consider
> in the usability of the documentation.

I believe, first and foremost, that the goals are to document Drupal
itself on Drupal.org. If you are trying to re-use the documentation and
ship it along with a site (let's call it "self-hosted documentation")
that is a different, secondary goal (although a good one).

Let's focus on getting good documentation on Drupal.org first, and then
we can cover off these other issues (or someone else can take care of
them in parallel, externally). Of course, if there is anything that can
be done in the current process that doesn't interfere with the goal of
making the documentation on Drupal.org great, that's fine as well.

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bryght.com