[drupal-docs] Writing for the web & usability

Ron Mahon ron at inmrc.com
Mon May 2 18:39:46 UTC 2005

Dries

Web usability started with Jakob Nielsen in 1968. Jakob still provides
leadership in this field.

Enclosed are some links to different web sites covering writing for the web.

 <http://www.useit.com/alertbox/9710a.html>
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/9710a.html

 <http://www.useit.com/alertbox/whyscanning.html>
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/whyscanning.html

 <http://www.useit.com/papers/webwriting/rewriting.html>
http://www.useit.com/papers/webwriting/rewriting.html

Downloadable Files to Replicate Web-Reading Study
<http://www.useit.com/papers/webwriting/studyfiles/>
http://www.useit.com/papers/webwriting/studyfiles/

"Prospects will read any amount of copy -- as long as it is interesting,
helpful, service-rendering copy." Look at it this way: If I invited you to
lunch, you may come. Not many words are needed. If I said come and bring a
check for five hundred dollars, you would need an explanation -- maybe even
a lengthy one. Tests have proven (PROVEN!) that if everything is kept
constant but the length of a sales letter, a two-page letter out pulls a
one-page letter and four-page letters out pull two-page letters. Four-page
letters have actually DOUBLED the response of one-page letters. Why? Just
re-read Bedell's principle four.

  <http://www.mrfire.com/0004.html> http://www.mrfire.com/0004.html

Don' be afraid of length. People will read any length of copy AS LONG AS ...

 <http://www.mrfire.com/articles/0028.html>
http://www.mrfire.com/articles/0028.html

Regards

Ron

InterNet Marketing Resource Center
A Free Super Mart of Articles, Demos, Tutorials everything you need to
Succeed on the net.
www.inmrc.com