[drupal-docs] Drupal screenshots + sites list

Steven Wittens steven at acko.net
Fri May 6 02:35:46 UTC 2005

I've just added a bunch of Drupal 4.6.0 screenshots... I've based myself
on the 4.5.0 gallery, but I used several of the contributed themes. Each
image has a link to the theme used: I think this will help promote
themes, it also makes the screenshot gallery much more interesting.

A second step is souping up the sites list: it is generally agreed on
that we should replace it with a link to the case studies, but expanded
more.

A bit like mambo's gallery, but with more information:
http://www.mamboserver.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=94&Itemid=101

I suggest we post a call for the niftiest Drupal site: ask for sites
that are really unique and use Drupal in different ways. Then we can
have a nice gallery page with thumbnails next to each site along with a
short paragraph about it. Of course we should be clear that we don't
want average portals or blogs. Something like:

"Featured Drupal sites

In order to make Drupal.org a better showcase, we want to revamp the
Drupal sites list. Instead of a bland anonymous list like now, it should
be an interesting showcase with a links to the whole spectrum of Drupal
sites.

And now we need your help: is your Drupal site really unique? Does it
use Drupal in novel ways? Is your site run on a carefully tweaked set of
custom modules? Do you drop jaws with your smashing theme? Or do you
know another Drupal-based site that really deserves praise? Post it
here! The selected lucky will, aside from having the honor of being
featured, probably also get a healthy dose of traffic too.

Please refrain from posting average sites: we are looking for those
sites that really push the limit in Drupal land."

(PS: Note how mamboserver.com, in additional to already looking
suspiciously BlueBeach-like, now has a 'spotlight' feature where they
now have a link to their newsletter. I wonder where they got that idea?
:) ).

Steven Wittens