[drupal-docs] Status report

puregin puregin at puregin.org
Tue May 10 07:51:52 UTC 2005

What I've been working on
------------------------------------

      i)  removing embedded header elements from
handbook pages into separate nodes where it makes
sense to do so.  Thus far I've created approximately
90 new pages, removing approx. 110 headers in the
process.   I'm working on the Contributor's guide
section at the moment - there's about 300 headers
to go - I hope to be finished by end of week.

     ii) a little cleaning up of pages, re-arranging
of content in the process of i)  - things like
capitalization of titles, other style guide items.

    iii) fixing bugs in book.module to produce
better structured/printer-friendly output.
I hope to be able to extend book module to
allow import/export soon, enabling bulk off-line
editing/spell-checking/structure checking.

    iv) a little CSS work to make printer friendly
book output a little more people-friendly
Example pages:

     http://www.puregin.org/book/print/129

What I'd like to work on: (personal plan)

   next couple of days:

    i) support Kieran's documentation sprint
   ii) complete cleanup of existing handbook
       structure
  iii) get some planning in place:
          - short term/mid-term/long-term, via
            discussions
   iv) work on style guides

   next couple of weeks:

   i) book module - import/export
  ii) improvements to automated generation of
      PDF
iii) try to understand structure of 'related'
      information - comments, forums...

Wish list:
    - patch  http://drupal.org/node/1898 to be committed :)
    - edit permissions on a few of the pages in the
       Administrator's guide which are not accessible to me
    - more sleep!