[drupal-docs] Making a case for usable words

Boris Mann borismann at gmail.com
Tue May 10 19:50:05 UTC 2005

On 10-May-05, at 8:29 AM, Kieran Lal wrote:

>               I made the mistake of trying to change one of the most
> cherished words used in our open source community.   Not surprisingly
> my effort went down in flames.

I hope you didn't consider our feedback "flaming" you. It was a
pretty open discussion, I felt. I could sense your frustration,
certainly, and I have been following the civicspace discussions about
a "terminology of activism" (or something to that effect).

Also, I wouldn't call the term "module" to be cherished...it's just
the wrong terminology *in context*.

> As usability professionals I am
> hoping you will enlighten me on how to consider the usability of
> certain words.

Usability always has to be considered *in context*. There is
terminology associated with certain domains.

In any case, we'll be interested in any responses you gather from the
FLOSS usability list. Thanks for continuing that discussion.

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bmannconsulting.com