[drupal-docs] Regarding the drupal help documentation

Dan Robinson dan at civicactions.com
Tue May 10 22:05:02 UTC 2005

Ahhh - now we're really cooking with gas :)

So what we're looking for is a 1 paragraph (or so) explanation of what
the module does and a little bit about how you configure it so something
like -

Blocks are a special kind of Drupal "content".  Blocks can be configured
to appear in the right and left columns of a web page.  Examples of
blocks are "Login" blocks, "Most recent stories", "Who's on-line".  Also
blocks could be used for advertising, pull-quotes etc.  Blocks are often
defined by Drupal modules - for example the "Event" module defines a
block that allows for a calendar view of all events entered in the
system.  An admin can also create "custom" blocks - which can contain
arbitrary content.  You can control the order in which blocks appear on
the page by setting their "Weight" a numeric value where lightly
"weighted" blocks "float" to the top of a column and "heavier" blocks
sink down.  You can control whether a block will appear on a particular
page using the "Block" configure options and setting blocks to appear
only in conjunction with a particular type of content (such as with
blogs or with discussion forums) and you can control where "Blocks"
appear based on the URL.

Then a link to the "Blocks" doco in the book (I'm not claiming that this
is complete - just want to get a "yeah - that's more like it" or something).

Dan