[drupal-docs] Guidelines for error/status messages

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Fri May 13 15:02:47 UTC 2005

On May 13, 2005, at 12:35 AM, puregin wrote:

> I'm including the initial text here, for your consideration.

I'll hold off on writing to the wiki just yet.

I think we should have status messages for common errors.  For
example, page not found is a big one.

/admin/misspelled module goes to the watchdog.  I believe it should
go to an Admin page with links to all the administration interfaces.
/node/missingnode# not found shows up blank, but I think it should
say something else.   If you clicked on a link to get to this page
please submit this report to the site admin.

It also might not be a bad idea to have an error message section
within Drupal itself.  For example,  a lot of people are confused
It would help if we could let them know in a help section that page
is a php error page and they should have the admin look at the error
logs to debug it.

So great guidelines, but I think are enough common errors or status
messages that we could create some recommended templates.

Cheers,
Kieran