[drupal-docs] Round 2 of Documentation Sprint - Please advise on the admin help writing instructions

Charlie Lowe cel4145 at cyberdash.com
Sat May 14 20:04:35 UTC 2005

Well, the module name without .module after it is already displayed in
the title. Also, on the modules page, it doesn't say book.module and
page.module. So I wouldn't think the use of the .module is mandatory.

But I do think it is useful to orient the reader that they had know
immediately that they are where they meant to go. So a keyword they
could be looking for should be in the title or in that first sentence.
In some cases it could be the module name; in others, this could be
slightly different variations of the module name. For example,
locale.module is listed in the administer menu as "localization." Since
locale is already the admin/help page title, it might be good to orient
them to the admin menu usage. Something similar for the book module.
Someone may have heard the term "collaborative book." Book is already
the title, so using "collaborative book" in the first sentence could
provide additional orientation that they are indeed in the right place.
In other cases, it may seem less techical to just use terms like "Drupal
forums" or "private messaging"; opening up the style just a little to
make things a touch more friendly helps the more non-tech savvy newbie.

So I think the answer in brief is that the first sentence should use the
module name or a variation on that module name, depending on the situation.