[drupal-docs] standard for spelling in docs?

Charlie Lowe cel4145 at cyberdash.com
Sat May 21 15:01:39 UTC 2005

It's also a common practice to include in a style guide a list of words
which are frequently used within document construction for a particular
project and have alternative correct spellings, or at least, common
alternative spellings in usage (but not grammatically correct).

For instance,

email or e-mail

The tendency these days seems to be moving toward not using hyphens in
instances like this. Makes sense to me. More concise natural language
code ;)

I also noticed that "open source" was hyphenated in a couple of the ad
leaflet submissions when it was used as an adjective. Open source should
never be hyphenated in any instance I can think of, although I often see
people doing it this way.

If we find that there are a few words commonly used in Drupal docs that
are part of the terminology used to describe Drupal that are often
showing up with difference spellings because of the differences between
British and American spellings, we might add them in, too.

Charlie