[drupal-docs] book module improvements

Ron Mahon ron at inmrc.com
Mon May 23 14:25:19 UTC 2005

Yes now you have it.

It also make it possible to take advantage of how we are being trained to
skim WebPages.

Everybody knows that nobody reads web pages word for word. The real question
is how do they make sense of it.

In copywriting is extremely important not to lose the viewer in the fist 5
or 10 seconds.

The first main Headline is designed to stop you. The sub headlines are to
tell the whole story so you can judge if you want to read the article. (Hook
you)

I been trying to figure out how to influence you  to reverse the
presentation process. My last attempt assumed you all ready had a working
knowledge of  copywriting, and failed.

Let me expand on what I see as major obstacles to presentation and
retention.

*	On the format of  three columns does not get any votes for UI.

*	The type face is no correct for maximum readily. See how easy it is
to read the printer friendly version.

*	The braking down of the subject mater in to artificial short lengths
only interrupts the thought process. Add the page load delay and it I am
positive that it leads to page abandonment and frustration.

If we use the a modified printer friendly version (50 -60 columns) the left
navigation column is unnecessary because the person will automatically seek
out the section of interest-relevance or conclude it not relevant and more
on. Many time faster than the present hard to read and manage system.

(Evelyn Woods has a lot to say on reading complete thoughts and retention)

Now that the process and purpose is understood.

Creating useful and meaningful headers will be more direct and  easer.

Prove it to your self

Once more it very easy to prove this simply select the printer friendly
version and subject it to what ever test you desire.

On last thought!

For a wile we seamed to have been engaged in a quest for the holy grail.
There is no best presentation or method. It depends on the viewer what they
are using to view the output on and the purpose.  I my case being I suspect
much older that most of you, my failing eye site makes a very different
requirements.

Do they initials XML suggest any thing to you.

Best Regards

Ron

PS: my response is a not so good example of the process. A good head line
can take days to complete and is subject to testing

InterNet Marketing Resource Center
A Free Super Mart of Articles, Demos, Tutorials everything you need to
Succeed on the net.
www.inmrc.com