[drupal-docs] Display different information to anonymous users/authenticated users within a page

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Tue May 24 12:45:44 UTC 2005

Hi,

I was thinking of maybe writing a filter module where you can put all the information in one node, with a markup tag to separate content. For example:

[[authenticated user]] blah blah [[/authenticated user]] blah blah.

For authenticated users, it will display "Blah blah blah blah" while for everyone else, it will display "blah blah".

I don't know how CPU intensive that may be, or whether there are better methods, but comments are welcome.

Regards,

Kobus

>>> ron at inmrc.com 5/24/2005 2:38 PM >>>

It seems to me that this capability would be usefully if it called up a
different node depending on who was logged in. IHO will become an issues in
the next phase of the product.

Example:

Many of the document topics would be the same for end Users or
Administrators. The text or content would be completely different.

I had thought of placing a tag in the file as a start and end of a section.
(Not CPU efficient)

Thought of automatically applied alias to select a different nodes depend on
login role.

Advantages:

No change to current DB structure.

Not limited to two roles

Transparent to none users.

All data is where it belongs in the database. Maintained the same as any
other data.

Maybe the same technique could be used to make it bilingual.

If some times is helpful to review future needs even if it seams they are
very remote. Often times a small change now can accommodate the future. This
and content sensitive help linked to F1. may both fall in that category.

Is there a future wish list for drupal?

Ron
InterNet Marketing Resource Center
A Free Super Mart of Articles, Demos, Tutorials everything you need to
Succeed on the net.
www.inmrc.com