[drupal-docs] Admin help needs to be read by CivicSpace users

Liza Sabater blogdiva at culturekitchen.com
Sat May 28 15:23:50 UTC 2005

Kieran,

How pressed for time are we? I'm trying to get my head above water
these days and just by eyeballing the manuals, I'd have to spend a lot
more time on them than what I have at the moment.

For example, this is on the about page:

> Drupal is software that allows an individual or a community of users
> to easily publish, manage and organize a great variety of content on a
> website.

If it were up to me, the word CONTENT would not appear at all on this
page. OK, maybe once.

Dynamic sites (that is, sites powered with CMS's or interactive net
media) are not about "CONTENT". They are about "presence", "persona".
Newspapers and magazines offer content. But everybody else who has a
dynamic site is doing it to not just establish their presence on the
web but to use the web to EXPAND, EXTEND AND AUGMENT who they are as an
organization or an individual THROUGH THE WEB.

I really want to start working on creating a more powerful vision for
Drupal and CivicSpace that goes beyond the idea their CMS's. It makes
selling the idea of a dynamic site far more easier by taking away the
techno-speak and treating it as what it really is : an extension of
human activity.

Best,
liza sabater
www.culturekitchen.com