[drupal-docs] Legal Support

Liza Sabater blogdiva at culturekitchen.com
Tue May 31 03:04:59 UTC 2005

As far as I remember from my ad & mark days, unless it was stated in a
contract beforehand, NO YOU CANNOT USE THEIR NAME W/O PERMISSION. They
can claim breach of client confidentiality or what not. Not that that
would be logical if you are using open-source software, but it raises
the issue about customizing the standard GNU/GPL license that is
slapped on the software. There should be some kind of addenda where it
states Drupal has the right to use their name in marketing and ad
campaigns, blah blah blah.

/ liza