[documentation] Hitchhikers guide to Drupal

Robert Castelo robert.castelo at cortextcommunications.com
Mon Jan 2 11:01:16 UTC 2006

Happy New Year,
I've posted a page to the handbook explaining to users
(non-contributors) that they are not the centre of most developer's
universe....

Hitchhikers guide to Drupal
http://drupal.org/node/42941

Not sure how much the rest of the community agrees with the ideas
expressed, but I've noticed some developers getting really hacked off
with the attitude of certain users, and thought it might be useful to
have a page to refer these users to instead of having long pointless
threads each time one of them posts something like this:

http://drupal.org/node/41966#comment-79224

A down side to the user base growing so quickly is that we'll no doubt
be seeing a lot more like this in future.

A handbook page like this needs to be very carefully worded so as not
to alienate users, if there's interest in the ideas it can be rewritten
to be more diplomatic before we publish it.

Best regards,

Robert