[documentation] Hitchhikers guide to Drupal

Steven Peck speck at blkmtn.org
Thu Jan 5 22:01:56 UTC 2006

It does need to be a top level in the sections of /handbook as well
.
We can certainly add a link/paragraph there, but there are some links already that are being ignored.  Perhaps the wording of those pages needs to be changed to encourage more contribution.  <shrug>  I keep saying we need to revisit that whole people don't like blink tags thing....

In any case, once we get some of this how to contribute stuff decided and written up, we HAVE TO post a front page article with an update of what was done.  I am planning to write an update and summarize the handbook stuff I am doing.  This promotes the handbook changes, gives credit to the folks whose contributions have made this posible (Keiren Lal of CSL leading the effort and doing much of the work for all the modules help stuff in there now for instance).

Large contributions of such content makes it posible to have a useful Installation and configuration section.  It gives a place to put the specific how to's... How to article for Forums goes under forums module help.  That way, someone can write a recipe for a Drupal site and instead of writing how to setup forums, they can link to the Forum how to and go on about the recipe.  More then one way to set up a forum?  Good, people have choices.  This allows for more flexibility and less writing in how to setup Drupal sites for various purposes.

-sp