[documentation] [task] System requirements - add info on PHP5.0.5+ and MySQL5+

Heine drupal-docs at drupal.org
Thu Jan 5 21:45:54 UTC 2006

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/43209
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/43209

 Project:      Documentation
 Version:      <none>
 Component:    Installation
 Category:     tasks

I see you've included some more info in system requirements

"
Note: If your system/host is running MySQL 4.1 or newer, a link in the
troubleshooting section (http://drupal.org/node/35226) points to this
page, which has some helpful info on addressing this problem with PHP
4.x and PHP 5.

Also, xTemplate (default theme engine for 4.6.x and previous) based
themes are reported to have issue's with php5.1. Switching to
phpTemplate (default in 4.7) engine seems to correct the issue

"
Here are two links that could be added:

php5.0.5+ http://drupal.org/node/42080
MySQL 5 http://drupal.org/node/43316

Both link to the Troubleshooting FAQ

Proposed change to the MySQL section (but,  I'm not a native speaker):

[...] PHP 4.x and PHP5. Incidentally there is a minor issue with some
MySQL 5+ installations on Windows.

Heine

Previous comments:

Tue, 03 Jan 2006 21:27:59 +0000 : Heine

The page System requirements [1] has the following statements on PHP &
MySQL versions:

* PHP 5 is supported for the 4.6 release
* MySQL, v3.23.17 or newer

1. There is an issue with XTemplate and PHP 5.05+ (see Troubleshooting
FAQ [2]). Since the initial theme for 4.6 is bluemarine some warning
would be nice. For example; a link 'but see a theme issue with php
5.0.5 or higher

2. MySQL 5.0+ on Windows nearly always has strict mode on [3].  This
mode leads to some severe problems with Drupal: importing
database.mysql leads to warnings, no menu (navigation) will be
displayed and posting blog posts (and possible other node types) leads
to errors ( support request [4], another support request [5]).

Here again I'd like to see a link for MySQL to another page how to
disable strict mode. I wouldn't mind writing this page.
[1] http://drupal.org/node/270
[2] http://drupal.org/node/42080
[3] http://drupal.org/node/43148#comment-80193
[4] http://drupal.org/node/43148
[5] http://drupal.org/node/42994

Thu, 05 Jan 2006 04:25:02 +0000 : sepeck

I merely incorporated some existing comments there so it would be
findable by folks.  If you write it we can add it there or link to the
page.