[documentation] Hitchhikers guide to Drupal

Robert Castelo robert.castelo at cortextcommunications.com
Sat Jan 7 16:27:32 UTC 2006

On 7 Jan 2006, at 06:52, Jeremy Epstein wrote:

> Looks good - your editing has made it much more polished, Robert. Just
> a bit sad that there are now no more 'fun bits' after the second
> paragraph, as far as I could see. :-(
>
> Maybe re-insert one or two of them?

Jeremy,
yes you're right, we need to get a better balance between informative
and fun - it makes the text much more readable and as a welcome to the
community the page should give the impression that Drupal is fun.

On 7 Jan 2006, at 08:19, Dries Buytaert wrote:
> When this page gets added, will someone take the time to clean-up and
> reorganize some of the related pages?

I'll volunteer to pitch in on this.

On 7 Jan 2006, at 15:07, Charlie Lowe wrote:
> some do not see the value of having these "hitchhikers" (implying, of
> course, that they are parasites)

Not at all, I wrote that they are 'not needed' - that doesn't mean they
aren't welcome, or that their company isn't valued, just that if they
don't contribute anything they will have zero effect on the journey the
rest of the participating Drupal community is taking.

I'm more used to writing technical documentation, where what is written
has a very specific meaning, and nothing is implied. That's why I made
a point of saying that the original text needed to be run through a
diplomacy filter, we need to think not just about the exact meaning of
the text but also about meanings that people might imply.

Best regards,

Robert