[documentation] Real newbie documentation

Laura Scott laura at pingv.com
Sat Jan 7 22:18:05 UTC 2006

Charlie Lowe wrote:
> Bèr Kessels wrote:
>> Yes, that is because they are moderated. I see that on drupal.org a
>> vast mayority of the comments is support. The few good comments I
>> see, are nearly always answers to support issues, in these comments.
>>
>> I would be for disallowing all comments on all handbook pages. IMO
>> that will encourage people to also rather change the text of the
>> page, instead of commenting.
>
> It's not necessarily a bad idea since it would push these questions to
> the forums *if* those who provide the answer would do so by updating
> the appropriate handbook page and linking back to it.

I agree with Kieran that the problem is that the comments often have the
best info. It would be nice to be able to change the page, but who has
that permission? I don't. All I can do is post a comment there on the
page. If I have to go post a correction somewhere else, then the next
person is not going to see the correction or variant I and others have
contributed because they're lost in some forum thread. I believe we want
to concentrate and clarify the documentation, not scatter the feedback
to it.

Laura