[documentation] Hitchhikers guide to Drupal

Robert Castelo robert.castelo at cortextcommunications.com
Sun Jan 8 01:36:56 UTC 2006

On 7 Jan 2006, at 18:33, Laura Scott wrote:
> in addition to the developer-focused discussion and activity and
> functionality, we could make welcome and help facilitate user-centric
> and site-admin-centric discussions of what Drupal could be.

What's missing from your analysis is that most developers are also
users - they usually set up and maintain Drupal websites on a daily
basis, which means they have plenty of exposure to Drupal's rough
edges, and improvements to Drupal come from this experience.

Developers are just ordinary users who can scratch their own itches.

I don't disagreeing that feedback from non-technical users is a good
thing. The page should make it clear that feedback is invited and
welcomed. It's just that if no one is available to implement
development based on the feedback then it will have little effect.

Most users who can code, based on their daily use of Drupal, already
have too many ideas for things to work on.

On 7 Jan 2006, at 18:33, Laura Scott wrote:
>  What I don't like about "hitchhiker" is that it gives the idea that
> Drupal users are flakes, freeloaders, Bohemians

OK, that's better than 'parasites' - can I convince you that
hitchhikers are adventurous, social, and generally decent?

Best regards,

Robert