[documentation] Documentation session in Vancouver

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Thu Jan 12 06:25:11 UTC 2006

We need to prioritize opening up the handbook for contributors.

I was just reading about the popularity of Digg vs. Slashdot.  Digg
is collective ranking where as Slashdot is the personal preferences
of a handful of editors.  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/
006081.html  It scared me that we are just falling behind by not
getting this collaborative nature of contributions.

The documentation handbook is managed by a small subset of the site
maintainers.  It's time to drink the cool-aid and open it up, or at
the very least make good use of revisions :-)

Cheers,
Kieran