[documentation] the documentation site is too broken and lacks formatting and writing style

puregin puregin at puregin.org
Fri Jan 13 11:15:18 UTC 2006

On 13-Jan-2006, at 12:05 AM, nathandigriz wrote:

> How would header  be set as a standard without using HTML's built
> with thousands of pages and also make the creation of  XML and PDF
> more complicated and make xhtml compliace a nightmare . It also
> does not allow for  global  formating with CSS.  It  may force
> someone to use a span tag or worse a font tag to size text, I am
> sure no one wants to see this happen.  And again it is not BOB
> safe. How do you get around the problems associated with HTML
> without using it as per W3C guidelines?

     Simple.  Let the headings be generated by the titles of sections.
Headings = titles.

    The concept of not permitting embedded headings does not
conflict with having clean structural markup;  indeed, it is
the essential for this.

     Again, look at the printer friendly output.
It is clean XHTML, styles very elegantly, and yet it is
generated from the SAME content as what you see when
you look at the book browsing interface.

     The difference is not representation, not structure,
but PRESENTATION.

      Don't mess with the representation or the structure.
Mess with the presentation, i.e., the book browsing
interface.