Making handbook editable by all (was Re: [documentation] the documentation site...<snip>)

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Sat Jan 14 16:32:10 UTC 2006

On Jan 14, 2006, at 2:10 AM, Dries Buytaert wrote:

> On 14 Jan 2006, at 07:26, Charlie Lowe wrote:
>> Since Dries has some doubts, why don't we start with giving
>> authenticated users the "maintain books" permission, but let's not
>> announce it on drupal.org it as a new, permanent feature. Sort of
>> a trial period to see how it works. Those who want to edit will
>> notice the availability of the edit tab.
>
> I've been preparing the drupal.org upgrade on http://
> scratch.drupal.org/, a copy of drupal.org running on CVS HEAD.
>
> Feel free to test http://scratch.drupal.org/.  Changes made to
> http://scratch.drupal.org/ will be lost though.  I also disabled
> the mail() functionality so you won't be able to create a new
> account.  If you want to have a regular authenticated user account
> to test, use 'scratch' (password 'scratch').
>
> I just gave authenticated users the 'maintain book' permission on
> http://scratch.drupal.org/.  Does that have the desired effect?  If
> so, I'll carry over the setting to drupal.org.  Anything else you
> want to try or change?  Let me know.

I went and changed this page to be edited by a roque user: http://
scratch.drupal.org/node/35172

http://scratch.drupal.org/handbook/updates

I'll probably be one of the people looking at the recent updates.
The first thing I'll look for is the user name of the updater.  Could
we get the editor name on that page?

I see there is an approved column on the recent updates.  What does
this column mean?

Thanks,
Kieran