Making handbook editable by all (was Re: [documentation] the documentation site...<snip>)

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Sun Jan 15 02:33:20 UTC 2006

On Jan 14, 2006, at 11:49 AM, Dries Buytaert wrote:

>> I went and changed this page to be edited by a roque user: http://
>> scratch.drupal.org/node/35172
>>
>> http://scratch.drupal.org/handbook/updates
>>
>> I'll probably be one of the people looking at the recent updates.
>> The first thing I'll look for is the user name of the updater.
>> Could we get the editor name on that page?
>
> Added an 'author'-column at http://drupal.org/handbook/updates (not
> on scratch.drupal.org).

Thanks.  This is very helpful.

>> I see there is an approved column on the recent updates.  What
>> does this column mean?
>
> It means that the post needs to be approved by a site maintainer.
> Otherwise, it won't be visible to authenticated users.  Do you have
> a better column title for that?

No, I was looking at scratch and many pages were not approved.
Everything looks normal now.  The column title makes sense.

Any chance we can get a RSS feed of this?  I'd like to register this
with the blog search engines like Technorati, tailrank etc.  I think
it would help to draw people looking for features in Drupal.

Cheers,
Kieran