[documentation] Links to module pages from contributed modules

Charlie Lowe cel4145 at cyberdash.com
Sun Jan 15 14:24:17 UTC 2006

Boris Mann wrote:
> I integrated some comments from a user on the audio module page
> (http://drupal.org/handbook/modules/audio) -- the user had linked to
> the audio module page, since there isn't one on the page or any of  the
> contrib module pages, as well as links to "related" modules.
>
> I'm not a huge fan of how the link to the module page links (at the
> bottom, with strong tags -- I debated between top and bottom). I do
> like the list of "Related Modules".
>
> I was thinking of going through and adding links to project pages at
> the very least. Opinion on link and related modules?

I like the idea of linking to the project page, but downloading is not
the only reason to visit that page. So in the "You can" list, why not
something like

"vist the <modulename>.module project page to download the most recent
version and file bug reports and support requests."

As for the related modules, I think this might be better served as a
sub-page. For instance,

* related modules may become available after the admin/help has been
updated from this page. In terms of maintenance, I think we want the
admin/help to be more stable by focusing on only providing information
about it rather than seeing it as something that needs to be updated
because of other modules.

* Some people may also want to provide more information--more than just
a list--on how the related modules work with the module in question.