[documentation] A New Approach to Drupal Tutorials

Charlie Lowe cel4145 at cyberdash.com
Sun Jan 15 20:31:05 UTC 2006

Nick Lewis wrote:
> Charlie, you must be pretty far ahead of your time. So what's a good
> next step? I could setup a proof of concept site today on my server, so
> that we're all on the same page in so far as what we're building and how
> it would work.

Adding something like aggregator2 to drupal.org involves persuading
Dries and the infracture list that this a good idea. Probably a more
developed proposal would be the first step so that it could be shared on
drupal.org and receive feedback. Once feedback is given on that, then
see what Dries thinks.

This also depends, of course, on whether aggregator2 is up to the task
(I have not tried it) or whether it needs any new features to implement
this.

> I think moderation of the posts that come through would serve less as a
> protectionary measure, and more as a way to keep the info well
> organized. THe big weekness of feeding in posts, usually, is that it
> gets thrown together in a page of "blog barf"(as one of my clients called).

True, but adding in moderation increases the maintenance role of
someone. Do we have volunteers to take on that role? In the meantime,
simply having them display on a blog style listing still makes them
available on drupal.org (moderated posts are hidden from regular users,
aren't they). Also, if an imcoming tutorial gets lots of good comments
from regular site users, that should tell handbook maintainers that it
should be added to the handbooks. Regular site users become the moderators.