[documentation] Call for help: 160 links to be added to project pages and module help pages

Kobus Myburgh itbjdm at puknet.puk.ac.za
Tue Jan 17 06:24:45 UTC 2006

I have been learned that internal links does not go to a new window, and external links does (because you do NOT want your potential customer to go out of your website), but since involved with Drupal, I've picked up a general feeling that people can always "hold shift and click to open in a new window if they wish".

I am still for the external links in new windows, though.

Regards,

Kobus

Kieran Lal wrote:

> Good point.  How about this?  Note the added target field to launch a
> new browser and not take the user away from their existing admin window.

I'm the wrong one to ask about that. I personally hate when browsers
launch in a new window. But that does make me wonder whether or not
that's an accepted usability practice these days and whether most Drupal
site administrators would see this as an annoyance.
--
Pending work: http://drupal.org/project/issues/documentation/