[documentation] Re: documentation Digest, Vol 14, Issue 61

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Thu Jan 19 19:07:12 UTC 2006

On 1/19/06, Chris Johnson <chris at tinpixel.com> wrote:

> > From: "gunnar" <gunnar at langemark.com>
> > Subject: Re: [documentation] A suggestion to improve drupal.org
> >       handbooks
>

> > What you're hinting at could extend this way:
> > Have a structured documentation node type with fields to fill. For a
> module
> > document that would mean:

Yes!  That would be fantastic.  Even though I've been using Drupal for about
> 2.5 years, I still have to try out modules one at a time to see what they
> really do.  It's a time consuming process.
>
> +1
>
> Could a flexinode page be linked to each module's project somehow?

Please...let's not go down this road right now, unless there is someone
immediately standing up with the time and resources to do this right, which
likely means integrating it into project module itself in some way.

Myself and others are going through editing the project pages and linking
the documentation field that is already there to the individual
http://drupal.org/handbook/modules pages. There is a format for that, and it
tries to cover as much of the mentioned items as possible. Please pitch in
and help update.

It sounds like additional documentation around very basic module
installation steps is needed. Please review the "Installing new modules"
page and suggest changes: http://drupal.org/node/17473 -- you are always
reading the INSTALL.txt file and suggesting bug reports against it for bug
fixes, right? :P

Cheers,

--
Boris Mann