[documentation] A suggestion to improve drupal.org handbooks

Ram Dak ramdak5000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 20 08:37:19 UTC 2006

Thanks. It would certainly be good if module documentation had a specified format. Gunnar also had similar suggestions.

  And, yes, it would be great to have the same stuff in all the three  locations- drupal.org handbooks, the module tarballs and the  admin>>help section when a module is installed. But, I suspect  these would be decisions for Charlie and/or Kieran to take.

  However, I wasn't thinking about this when I initially made the post- I  just thought that things could be more clear on drupal.org as that is  the first location a prospective drupal user and a regular user would  look at to know about the modules in detail (may not apply to the  newest contrib modules). I thought if we could provide them these  details with screenshots, it would save people a lot of time and hassle.

  Ramdak

Laura Scott <laura at pingv.com> wrote:Following up on this (and forgive me if this has been suggested
already): Would it help if module documentation had a suggested format?

* Requirements (other modules)
* Install requires
    [ ] folder upload
    [ ] database table insertion
           ( ) sql script alters existing tables
    [ ] other configuration ___________
* Permissions available
* Menu changes
* Blocks available
* Theming concerns
* Known conflicts
* Tarball last updated: _______________

...or something like that? If there were a standard set of headings, it
might help make the modules documentation hold together.

Laura

--
Pending work: http://drupal.org/project/issues/documentation/