[documentation] PLEASE REVIEW: Customizing themes for node types, terms, sections, paths, and front page

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Mon Jan 23 07:33:16 UTC 2006

On Jan 22, 2006, at 10:03 PM, Charlie Lowe wrote:

> Kieran Lal wrote:
>> http://drupal.org/node/23348
>> Hi, I have reviewed the 21 comments on Customizing your home page
>> and re-written it as a much longer page.  Dublin Drupaller has
>> pointed out that he would prefer a shorter page.
>> Comments and feedback welcome.
>
> Couldn't this page be broken up into subtasks so that it could be
> multiple pages? That might work.

Sure long pages can be broken up.  The problem was the comments kept
referring to minor variations of identifying frontpage, path, and
nodetype variables and then applying templates or CSS classes based
on those variables.

I could move more of the examples out, to make the page simpler.

Any feedback from other people who write themes?

Kieran