[documentation] Tag clouds and documentation

Lee Hunter lee.hunter at hum.com
Mon Sep 8 17:13:39 UTC 2008

That's an excellent example, Tony.

I would imagine that the topic of connecting with databases would be
one of the most popular subjects on a PHP framework site and, sure
enough, "database" is the largest item in the CakePHP cloud. When I
click on "database" I get all the relevant tagged articles.

Contrast that with the user experience on Drupal.org.  Searching for
even the most common topics means that I have to either do a search
(which is messy and unreliable) or I make a series of attempts to
crawl down some obliquely-labeled rabbit holes (FAQ, How-to, etc.)
that lead me into a maze of unhelpful subheadings until I finally
stumble across enough information to satisfy my need (although I'll
never know whether or not I've found everything on the subject) or I
just collapse in exhaustion.

 :)

Lee Hunter
Technical Editor