[documentation] Tag clouds and documentation

Addison Berry drupal at rocktreesky.com
Mon Sep 8 18:23:28 UTC 2008

Yep, I agree that the way the docs are organized/categorized/found
needs to change in the redesign. I'd love a flexible way for people to
get to the docs they need in different ways. This is a major thing
that I want us to work with Mark Boulton Design (MBD) on. I am
gathering together a list of features/dream requests with regards to
docs and hope to post a mail to this list by the end of the week so we
can be a bit organized about brainstorming, prioritizing and giving
feedback to MBD. I'm so frickin excited we have not just design, but
actual IA and UX work going into the redesign.

Faceted search is awesome stuff as well and I dare say that is
something that the redesign search team will be looking at. Their
first hurdle is to figure out how to have robust search across
multiple drupal.org sites and I have no idea where something like
faceted search is on their radar. Would be awesome if it makes it into
the redesign, but I'll leave that to those experts. Doesn't hurt to
say that docs team thinks it would be neat-o-keen, though. :-)

- Addi