[documentation] commentary

Hilde Austlid zirvap at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 07:16:29 UTC 2008

Hi!

2008/9/9 christopher calicott <purrin at binary.net>:
>  >I really would like to see people like me
>  >having a much more clear path to doing bigger edits and additions to
>  >documentation, without fear of reprisal.

I'm assuming Steven read this as something more or less like:

"I, Christopher, am afraid of reprisal from the lead doc people
(including/mainly/only? Steven) if I do bigger edits to the
documentation."

If that is what you meant, then I agree with him: an apology is in order.
If that isn't what you meant, please clarify.

(When I read it, my main reaction was WTF? What kind of reprisals? For
some reason I now have a picture in my mind of some super-secret docs
task force mailing dead rats to offenders while cackling evilly :-) If
they get to wear cool uniforms (I'm picturing something Darth Vaderish
in Drupal blue) I want to join!)

>I really would like to see people like me
>having a much more clear path to doing bigger edits and additions to
>documentation

Do you have any concrete suggestions for this path?

Regards, Hilde
(zrivap on drupal.org)