[documentation] Some thoughts

Steve Dondley s at dondley.com
Sat Aug 8 01:28:12 UTC 2009

> What it comes down to is the issue of barrier to entry.  And it is
> really high with lots of open source project and Drupal.  Shari is
> sharing that experience (that is shared by thousands, maybe millions),
> to help herself and our community to lessen that barrier.  You are a
> part of that barrier.

So giving advice to not get discouraged (yeah, "thick skinned") when
you get ignored and to try to be self-reliant is a barrier? Odd, to
say the least. I took time out of my day to offer that advice and now
I'm considered to be a barrier.

I guess contributing to open source can often seem thankless. But, by
golly, I'm going to keep on doing it, anyway. :)