[documentation] Some thoughts

adept digital evolution techlists at ade.pt
Wed Aug 26 06:43:07 UTC 2009

On 08-25-2009 11:26 PM, Laura wrote:
> Ultimately, the answer to this entire discussion is this: the Drupal
> community is a do-ocracy. Those who do are those who decide. What you
> experience, what you see in docs, what you see in code, is there
> because someone did it.

and i've made it very clear that there are several of us "do-ing" it
right now. your statements are all quite obvious but thanks for the
reminders.

> So my suggestion -- no, my request -- to you, digital evolution, is to
> share what you learned in your hard-earned personal experience so that
> others don't need to follow in your footsteps. There are no
> gatekeepers. Anybody with a Drupal.org account can add a documentation
> page. Just do it. In this community, it's easier to win forgiveness
> than to gain permission.

there is nothing in anything i've said that has asked others to revise
the docs for me. It's too bad you didn't read because your post, other
than being off the mark, is well crafted and must have taken you some time.

if you read again, though, perhaps you will notice that my post is in
response to the sentiment that has been repeatedly expressed here, along
the lines that (1) stop whining about the CLI, it is GOOD and FUN to do
things from the CLI, (2) everyone should be a geek and the only way you
will learn Drupal is to become one.

now i'll get back to what i have been DOing on the docs for a few weeks.
thanks.

kazar