[documentation] Redefining the "docs team"

Pratul Kalia pratul at pratul.in
Wed Jan 7 18:00:35 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 10:51 PM, Emma Jane Hogbin <emmajane at xtrinsic.com> wrote:
> I love that everyone is automatically on the team; and I also like using
> "admin" to signify "moar powah." But I think people will continue to ask
> to be "part of the team" unless there's some kind of shiny button they
> can push to self-promote. What about modifying the profile for
> documentation so that instead of, "I contributed Drupal documentation"
> it says, "I participate on the Documentation Team." Or something like that?

Hmm, sounds nicer! In fact, the page
http://drupal.org/documentation-team shows 232 people currently. In my
opinion as I see it, we chould change that list to Docs Admins and
prune it down to the people that have 'admin' access.

The rest of the people on d.o already have basic access to edit the
documentation pages. They are already a part of the happy Docs family
:-) Those people can display "I contribute to Drupal documentation" or
something, as Emma Jane rightly put it. That way I think we won't lose
that i-am-on-a-team feeling.

cheers
pratul

--
Incoming!
 - OSScamp Pantnagar, 30 Jan - 1 Feb, 2009