[documentation] New handbook section proposal: "Community Initiatives"

Addison Berry drupal at rocktreesky.com
Wed Jan 21 14:06:23 UTC 2009

On Jan 21, 2009, at 6:25 AM, Pratul Kalia wrote:

> I suggest the menu "Community Initiatives" be expanded by default. On
> the first look, the page looks quite empty otherwise.

Well, ideally we will expand the text to explain what "community
initiative" means more (e.g. not a roadmap), how/when you might add
something to it and how to jump in. The last may sound weird but we
tell people to "jump in" a lot but most people need a little more
specific guidance on what that actually means before they will step
in. This is also related to the question about whether this should be
under the Getting Involved guide and such.

- Addi