[Security-news] Drupal 8.x core release on Monday -- PSA-2016-002

security-news at drupal.org security-news at drupal.org
Sun Jul 17 17:18:06 UTC 2016

View online: https://www.drupal.org/PSA-2016-002

   * Advisory ID: DRUPAL-PSA-2016-002
   * Project: Drupal
   * Version: 8.x
   * Date: 2016-July-17
   * Security risk: TBD
   * Vulnerability: TBD

-------- DESCRIPTION

We will be doing a Drupal 8 core patch release on Monday, July 18th. This
will occur between 14:15 UTC and 19:00 UTC.

There will not be a Drupal 7 release during this window.

-------- WHY IS THIS RELEASE BEING ISSUED?
-----------------------------------

The Drupal security team has learned that a third-party Drupal 8 dependency
will be making a security release on Monday, July 18th and in accordance we
will be making a Drupal 8 release soon after. We will not disclose details of
the third-party update in advance of that release and cannot respond to
requests for further information. This security release is for the dependency
only and only affects Drupal 8 sites. Other mitigating factors will be
included with our published SA.

-------- WHAT ABOUT THE REGULARLY SCHEDULED RELEASE WINDOW ON WEDNESDAY, JULY
           20?

We are moving the regularly scheduled window two days earlier to provide the
third-party dependency update, so this replaces that window.

There will not be another core release on Wednesday, July 20th.

-------- CONTACT AND MORE INFORMATION

The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the
contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact [1].

Learn more about the Drupal Security team and their policies [2], writing
secure code for Drupal [3], and  securing your site [4].

Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at
https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity [5]

[1] https://www.drupal.org/contact
[2] https://www.drupal.org/security-team
[3] https://www.drupal.org/writing-secure-code