[Security-news] me aliases - Highly critical - Arbitrary code execution - SA-CONTRIB-2017-097

security-news at drupal.org security-news at drupal.org
Wed Dec 20 19:21:27 UTC 2017

View online: https://www.drupal.org/sa-contrib-2017-097

Project: me aliases [1]
Date: 2017-December-20
Security risk: *Highly critical* 20∕25
AC:Basic/A:None/CI:All/II:All/E:Theoretical/TD:All [2]
Vulnerability: Arbitrary code execution

'me' module provides shortcut paths to current user's pages, eg user/me,
blog/me, user/me/edit, tracker/me etc.

The way 'me' module handles URL arguments allows an attacker to execute
arbitrary code strings.

Solution:
Install the latest version:

   * If you use the 'me' module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to 'me' 7.x-1.3 [3]

Reported By:
   * ross.linscott [4]
Fixed By:
   * Camilo Bravo [5]
   * nohup [6]
   * Michael Hess [7] of the Drupal Security Team
Coordinated By:
   * Michael Hess [8] of the Drupal Security Team

[1] https://www.drupal.org/project/me
[2] https://www.drupal.org/security-team/risk-levels
[3] https://www.drupal.org/project/me/releases/7.x-1.3
[4] https://www.drupal.org/user/3544915