[drupal-support] adding code / keeping <pre>-formatted code

Richard Eriksson bryghtrichard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 21:34:24 UTC 2005

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 20:10:57 +0100, Volker Wegert <mail at volker-wegert.de> wrote:
> has anybody ever encountered the problem I'm just facing? I'm trying to use
> Drupal with the FCKEditor module to enable users to copy&paste little
> interesting pieces of code into drupal. However, something along the way seems
> to kill all newlines inside the text so that all the preformatted code is
> squished into a single line. Is there any way to change this?

Does it kill the newlines after you press submit, but only in the
resulting text?  Put another way, when you go back to edit it, are the
lines still there?  If so, you will need to look at line break
conversion in your input formats.

Click admin -> input formats
Click configure next to the input formats you have enabled
Select "line break converter" for each input format.

--
Richard Eriksson
Bryght Community Support