[drupal-support] User Admin and 4.6

Chris Johnson chris at tinpixel.com
Mon Mar 7 06:04:20 UTC 2005

Dan Robinson wrote:

> 2) When I browse to the site for the first time I am faced with creating
> a new user.  The register page is asking for an email and telling me it
> will email me the password.  Since sending mail is not really an option
> on my WinXP box it seems like this will never work.  I try anyway and
> viola - I get the password presented to me in the browser.  I assume
> this is because the mail failed etc. etc.

Nope, the password is always present in the browser to the first user (User ID
== 1, essentially the super user or super admin of a Drupal site).  Likewise,
user number 1 never gets e-mail during this initial creation.  The assumption
is that you have just installed your software and are just creating your first
user, which needs to happen quickly for security purposes.

The documentation and explanatory text could be improved.

--
Chris Johnson