[drupal-support] I'll try anything

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Wed Mar 9 05:22:20 UTC 2005

Dan, Steve has this correctly summarized for the simplest way (at least
for me). I have set up Drupal on my Windows computers for over 2 years
now, ranging from Windows NT, 2K as well as XP home and professional.
Using PHP 4.3.6 in most of my installations, I only had to do the
following:

1) Copy some dll file (If I recall correctly by head, it is php_ts.dll)
to the windows/system32 folder
2) Copy php.ini to the Windows folder
3) I had to edit php.ini to set "register_globals" to ON

These instructions were included in the installation instructions for
PHP 4.1.x that I once used, not sure if it is included in the latter
versions.

Another plan I tried recently, which also worked was to install PHPDEV,
a full PHP/MySQL/Apache package that is available for download here:
http://www.firepages.com.au/

Good luck and HTH!

Kobus

>>> public at destratify.com 3/9/2005 5:54:01 AM >>>
I haven't done this, but one workaround would be to try setting the
variable in the .htaccess file in your drupal directory.  You should be

able to add a line like

   php_value memory_limit        32M

to the various php variable overloads in the section that begins with

<IfModule mod_php4.c>
   # If you are using Apache 2, you have to use <IfModule
sapi_apache2.c>
   # instead of <IfModule mod_php4.c>.

if you've used the default .htaccess file.  I have no idea how this
would play out on a windows system, however.

-Ethan.