[drupal-support] totally new to Drupal (Was: no subject)

Ken Dow Me at KenDow.Com
Fri Mar 18 13:54:20 UTC 2005

On Mar 18, 2005, at 8:39 AM, sudheshna aaa wrote:

> I am totally new to Drupal. I am a developer using java, bea weblogic
> and oracle. I heard that drupal is quick and easy to create some
> websites. I downloaded drupal-4.5.2. Can anybody guide me what need to
> be done next?
>
> 1. How to use drupal?

Read INSTALL.txt for requirements and setup information, then check out
the following Drupal handbook documentation:

	User's Guide: http://drupal.org/node/6261
	Administrator's guide: http://drupal.org/node/257

> 2. Want to know how to use the demo at the following site:
> http://opensourcecms.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=132

The docs above should give you enough information to use this demo.

> I want to see the demo before I make a decision whether this suits our
> requirements.
> 3. Will this work with oracle?

Drupal 4.5.2 has PEAR support, which might include Oracle (I'm not
sure). But PEAR has been dropped as of Drupal 4.6 RC, so that's no
longer an option. In other words, I don't think Oracle is supported but
I'm not certain.

> If anybody can provide me a kickstart, that would be a great help!

Consider yourself kicked ;-)

--
Ken

Forgiveness is the fragrance from the violet beneath the heel which has
crushed it.
- Mark Twain