[drupal-support] Multiple regions

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Tue Mar 29 14:07:24 UTC 2005

You could assume that nodes will vary in height. What I don't understand
is how to do this logic:

"if (odd(nid)) put_node_on_left else put_node_on_right"

I am sure there are better strategies to determine which node to
display where, but odd/even is the first one that came to mind right
now.

It seems like this would have to be done in node.module itself and not
the theme, or am I mistaken here?

Regards,

Kobus

Kobus Myburgh wrote:
> [left block 1] [node 1] [node 2] [right block 1]
> [left block 2] [node 3] [node 4] [right block 2]
I don't have such a theme but I'd do it by fixing the width of the
nodes
and floating left, of course the nodes would have to be wrapped in a
div
(usually #main-content in a drupal theme right?).
The only bugbear is likely to be variable height of nodes - but that
depends on your content...

--
adrinux (aka Adrian Simmons) <http://adrinux.perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at gmail.com>