[support] big question: integrate phpbb + drupal user logins?

will hall will at theicarusproject.net
Thu Feb 15 20:05:54 UTC 2007

hi all, we have drupal and phpbb running side by side but as distinct
creatures with their own databases and logins and usernames.

we would like to not use drupal forums but continue to use the phpbb
forums. we do need however to have a single username and password for both.

so when someone registers for drupal, or registers for phpbb, there is a
single username and password that will log them in to drupal and phpbb.

we don't necessarily need for them to be logged in to both with one
login screen, we just need them to be able to use both with the same
username and password.

any ideas on how to do this?

right now we have 2 usernames and 2 passwords for everyone who is using
both the forums and the drupal site. it is confusing, especially to new
members, and helping people sort this out now represents the biggest
portion of our incoming admin@ mail.

viva drupal,

-- will