[support] cron job crashing server, and how many users is too many?

Grandmother Spider gs at grandmother-spider.com
Thu Feb 22 17:55:55 UTC 2007

> You mentioned it ran out of memory in the search module.  Perhaps a
> back log of nodes to be indexed is contributing to the problem.  You
> can configure the number of nodes it will try to index in one cron run
> at admin->settings->search under the indexing throttle setting.
> Perhaps a smaller number there would help.

I think this was indeed the problem, because the cron job hadn't
finished in weeks and it now no longer throws the memory error. As I
said, this is a busy community site with a LOT of posting going on.

Thanks.

Lynn S.

------
Mama, homeschooler, writer, activist, spinner & knitter
http://www.siprelle.com

NOTICE: The National Security Agency may have read this email without
warning, warrant, or notice.