[support] Inserting a new taxonomy and adding a node in this taxonomy

Marc Poris marc at funnymonkey.com
Mon Feb 26 15:52:48 UTC 2007

Carlos,

To insert the new taxonomy term you'll probably want to call
taxonomy_save_term(&$form_values) which is what gets called when
submitting the taxonomy term form.  You'll need to fake the form_values
data, and you won't want to provide a tid so that one gets generated for
you.

To have your node appear within the term, you can probably call
taxonomy_node_save($nid, $terms) or fill in $node->taxonomy if you know
that your hook_nodeapi will be called before taxonomy's hook_nodeapi
(you can set the weight of your module to be lower than taxonomy's)...

I hope that gives you somewhere to start,

Marc