[support] is it possible to have validation using CCK fields?

Brian Tully btully at about.com
Tue Jun 5 21:44:56 UTC 2007

hey there -

I'm looking to use CCK fields for defining if an article is exclusive to
a role of users along with a specified timeframe.

Is it possible to utilize some sort of validation whereby if a role is
specified then a startdate and enddate must be specified?

The trick is that if they specify a role, I need them to also specify a
startdate and enddate.

Does the CCK module allow for hooks to alter the form and/or specify
more advanced validation rules?

i've read about node_alter_form and hook_alter_form, but how does one
use them with CCK fields?

regards,
brian