[support] is it possible to have validation using CCK fields?

btully at about.com btully at about.com
Wed Jun 6 03:18:33 UTC 2007

thanks a bunch Larry.

so I can create a module that only includes one function - an instance of
hook_form_alter?

also how would I specify which form it is I want to validate, i.e. how
does Drupal know?

Can hook_form_alter also modify the form fields that have been created
within CCK, such as adding extra attributes not visible through CCK's add
form UI? If so this would be super as I would like to add #prefix and
#suffix tags to several form elements but the CCK UI does not allow for
this.

also, I found this link a few hours ago <http://drupal.org/node/134289>
which suggests creating a module that uses hook_nodeapi and specifying
code within the 'validate' case. Can this work as well?